2024 Rome Black Label Snowboard Bindings
A premium fusion of futuristic tech and space age materials.
The Black Label is Rome's high-performance binding built with space-age materials and innovative customization options. With the unique surfy feel of the AsymWrap platform, the cushioning power of DuraCush™ SubBase pads, adjustability of PivotMount Max and the otherworldly grip of AuxTech® in the Ultra Flex Pro Ankle Straps and ProGrip Toe Straps, the Black Label is a complex blend of futuristic materials and advanced adjustability options. With Rome's industry leading PowerGraft™ composite highback designed for maximum heelside power with enough torsional flexibility to tweak grabs and lay out carves. Best served neat, this is the smoothest riding binding on the shelf.
- Flex Rating – Stiff, for advanced impact absorption and power
- Riding Style – 6-9/10 (1=Playful,10=Precise)
- AsymWrap Platform – Now 20% lighter than before and with increased durability thanks to a new baseplate design and updated coring. The AsymWrap platform is designed to provide a surfy board feel with a minimal footprint.
- DuraCush™ Technology – An expanded thermoplastic polyurethane material, or E-TPU, used in SubBase pads and on footbeds to provide advanced chatter absorption. DuraCush™ is hyper-resistant to cold temperatures, whereas traditional materials often stiffen and negatively impact riding on the days when it matters most. No matter the temperature, DuraCush™ maintains its impact absorption properties for chatter-free riding, more efficient energy transfer and an overall smoother ride.
- Carbon Infused Baseplate – 70% Nylon / 30% Carbon
- Highback Canting – Built so that riders can adjust the angle of their highback to mirror the angle of their lower leg for increased connection and stability.
- Highback Rotation – Designed so riders can adjust their highbacks to mirror the angle of their heelside edge for maximum power transfer.
- Powergraft™ Highback – 70% Polystrand ™ / 30% Nylon
- Ultra Flex Pro Ankle Straps – New for this season, the UltraFlex Pro ankle straps are the next generation of the legendary AuxTech® strap family. Instead of the traditional closed edge on a strap, the UltraFlex Pro straps feature an open 3D auxetic edge. This means when the strap is tightened it has unprecedented ability to open and stretch, creating a more even distribution of pressure on the boot. To compliment that open edge, Rome overmolds the material to a Hytrel® spine, this creates a supportive backbone in the strap. This overmolding process creates a dynamically powerful strap that’s equal parts hyper-reactive and plush.
- ProGrip Toe Strap – Powered by AuxTech™, this innovative network of small hinges provides unmatched hold and locked-in grip.
- AuxTech – Geometric patterns that become thicker perpendicularly when stretched. Think of them as a network of tiny hinges that, when pressure is applied, actually expand and open. This creates a more direct connection to the boot.
- PivotMount Max – PivotMounts are small adjustable pieces that allow you to move the position of the ankle straps on your boots. The higher up the ankle strap sits, the more power and turn initiation. The lower the strap goes, the more surfy and tweakable your riding will be. PivotMount Max provides 8 different strap options per side for 64 total configurations.
- Bombproof Buckles – BombProof Buckles are a one-piece forged aluminum construction for better grip and durability. Built with wider stance teeth area for more engagement, this makes for easier ratcheting and increased protection from wear and tear to your ladder straps.
- Fast Entry – Rome bindings feature FastEntry Technology for super quick and easy entry into the binding. The pre-curved ladder on the ankle and toe straps are designed to pop open and help keep the straps out of your way while getting your boot into the binding.
Need Expert Advice?
We know there are a lot of choices out there. If you need some guidance, let us know! Our experts have decades of experience and can help you narrow it down.Contact Us