2024 Burton 1987 Elite Snowboard
Head back to the future with the board that kicked snowboard progression into high gear.
1987 was a monumental year: Guns n Roses released Appetite for Destruction, The Simpsons aired for the first time, and the Burton Elite Series launched. Burton's humble beginnings were all about progression - taking surf to snow and inviting other to fall in love with standing sideways.
- Directional Flat Top™ – Flat overall with a rocker nose for the steady stability and effortless float demanded by deep days and surfy terrain.
- Directional Flex – This flex features increased pop in the tail and a more resilient nose that allows riders to easily maintain control through all terrain and conditions.
- Personality – 3 - 6 (1=Soft,10=Stiff)
- 20mm Taper
- Super Fly® 800G Core – Lightened up and loaded with pop, this dual-species wood core utilizes dual-density vertical laminations of alternating softwood/hardwood to reduce overall weight with no sacrifice in strength or performance.
- Dualzone™ EGD™ – The wood grain is positioned along the toe and heel edges on two continuous zones, perpendicular to the rest of the wood core for consistent edge-hold and added strength.
- Triax™ Fiberglass – Versatile flex and response for everything from mini to mega shred.
- Sintered WFO – Infusing a specially formulated wax deep into the pores of this extra-absorbent, high-density sintered material results in an ultra-durable base that stays wide open all season and in any condition.
- Super Sap® Epoxy – A resin formulated with bio-based materials that reduces the carbon footprint by 50% over conventional all-petroleum-based epoxies. Less oil consumption means even less of a carbon footprint per board.
- Infinite Ride™ – This Burton-exclusive technology allows maximized pop and strength by overbuilding the board, then putting it in a machine that breaks in the board for you. Whether you choose to ride Flat Top, Flying V™, or Camber, rest assured that with Infinite Ride™ your board will maintain its flex, pop, and feel from the first day forward, season after season.
- The Channel® Mounting System – Stronger, faster, easier, and more adjustable -- The Channel™ gives you ultimate control of your stance and your board in a design compatible with all major bindings (not just Burton's).
Board Size Chart
|Effective Edge (mm)||970||1051|
|Tip Width (mm)||299.7||307.3|
|Waist Width (mm)||275||275|
|Tail Width (mm)||294.7||304.3|
|Sidecut Radius (m)||8.9||7.9|
|Stance Setback (mm)||25||25|
|Stance Range (mm)||425||467|
|Rider Weight (lbs)||80-120||120-180|
Need Expert Advice?
We know there are a lot of choices out there. If you need some guidance, let us know! Our experts have decades of experience and can help you narrow it down.Contact Us