2024 Burton Family Tree Hometown Hero Snowboard
This chunder buster loves to go fast, blast, and dodge through the tightest trees. It's a quiver-of-one built with an attention to detail found only in our Family Tree line.
Burton spends a lot of time poking around Vermont's tight trees and icy lines, so they built the Burton Family Tree Hometown Hero Snowboard to blast through it all. It's a daily driver with a build and materials worthy of the Family Tree name. The directional shape has enough taper to float the nose on deeper days, while the board's directional camber and flex maintain the pop to keep it lively in all conditions and terrain. Strategically placed glass stiffens up the nose and tail for bump-busting power and response.
- Directional Camber – A blend of rocker and camber in the nose combines float and control while camber under the back foot drives with power and stability.
- Personality – 5-8/10 (1=Soft,10=Stiff)
- Twin Flex – The flex is perfectly symmetrical from tip to tail for a balanced ride that's equally versatile regular or switch.
- Directional – The classic snowboard shape, designed to be ridden with a slightly longer nose than tail to concentrate pop in the tail while still giving you plenty of float, flow, and control to rip any terrain or condition.
- 12mm Taper
- Balanced Freeride Geometry – Balanced Freeride Geometry spec setback camber and a sidecut that is centered on your stance to create a twin freestyle feel when riding flat base. On edge it turns tight and quick with the float and prowess expected from a directional deck.
- Pro-Tip – A tapered tip and tail thickness reduces swing weight for easier mobility.
- Super Fly II™ 700G Core – Stronger and lighter woods target specific areas of the core to provide pop, strength, and reduced weight.
- 45˚ Carbon Highlights – Carbon Highlights optimizes each layer of the fiberglass matrix and adds a full tip-to-tail carbon layer to reduce weight and fine tune torsional feel to achieve different ride characteristics. A 60° fiber angle creates a highly maneuverable and playful feel, while a 45° fiber angle provides a more aggressive ride.
- Recycled Sintered WFO – Infusing a specially formulated wax deep into the pores of this extra-absorbent, high-density sintered material results in an ultra-durable base that stays wide open all season and in any condition.
- Infinite Ride™ – This Burton-exclusive technology allows maximized pop and strength by overbuilding the board, then putting it in a machine that breaks in the board for you. Whether you choose to ride Flat Top, Flying V™, or Camber, rest assured that with Infinite Ride™ your board will maintain its flex, pop, and feel from the first day forward, season after season.
- Super Sap® Epoxy – A resin formulated with bio-based materials that reduces the carbon footprint by 50% over conventional all-petroleum-based epoxies. Less oil consumption means even less of a carbon footprint per board.
- The Family Tree Collection
- The Channel® Mounting System – Stronger, faster, easier, and more adjustable -- The Channel™ gives you ultimate control of your stance and your board in a design compatible with all major bindings (not just Burton's).
- Channel Inserts Included – Channel Inserts are required to mount your bindings. DO NOT THROW AWAY
Board Size Chart
|Effective Edge (mm)||1057||1097||1137||1177||1173||1217||1217||1267|
|Tip Width (mm)||283.6||289.2||294.8||300.2||308.2||307.7||314.7||319.6|
|Waist Width (mm)||240||244||248||252||260||258||265||268|
|Tail Width (mm)||283.6||289.2||294.8||300.2||308.2||307.7||314.7||319.6|
|Sidecut Radius (m)||6.6||6.9||7.2||7.4||7.4||7.7||7.7||8|
|Stance Setback (mm)||40||40||40||40||40||40||40||40|
|Stance Range (mm)||505||530||530||560||560||560||560||560|
|Rider Weight (lbs)||100-150||100-150||120-180||150-200||150-200||180-260+||180-260+||180-260+|