2024 Burton Free Thinker Snowboard
The men's Burton Free Thinker Snowboard is a true twin spin on Danny Davis' go-to, built for hot laps in the park, pipe, or mobbing side hits across the mountain. The unique true twin shape opens up the possibilities for creative expression in any direction, while the control of camber keeps it quick and poppy. 45° Carbon Highlights deliver snap without the stiff side effects. Throwback graphics top it off, adding a touch of Burton's early 90s roots to an already iconic model.
- Camber – For lovers of powerful turns and poppy precision, camber speaks to the core values of board design. Offering a snappy suspension, the camber shape distributes weight evenly over the entire length of the board for smooth, continuous edge control from tip and tail.
- Personality - Medium-Aggressive
- Twin Flex – The flex is perfectly symmetrical from tip to tail for a balanced ride that's equally versatile regular or switch.
- Pro-Tip – A tapered tip and tail thickness reduces swing weight for easier mobility.
- Twin – Perfectly symmetrical for a balanced ride that's equally versatile regular or switch. Jib, spin, stomp, and butter with a greater balance of freestyle mobility and cat-like stability no matter which way you point it.
- FSC™ Certified Super Fly II™ 700G Core – Stronger and lighter woods target specific areas of the core to provide pop, strength, and reduced weight.
- Dualzone™ EGD™ – The wood grain is positioned along the toe and heel edges on two continuous zones, perpendicular to the rest of the wood core for consistent edge-hold and added strength.
- Squeezebox – Burton's most versatile Squeezebox profile improves pop and performance through the balance of thicker, more powerful core sections with thinner, more flexible sections. Rider energy is transferred outward from beneath the feet, energizing the tip and tail while making the board snappier, more stable and easier to manipulate.
- 45° Carbon Highlights – Carbon Highlights optimizes each layer of the fiberglass matrix and adds a full tip-to-tail carbon layer to reduce weight and fine tune torsional feel to achieve different ride characteristics. A 60° fiber angle creates a highly maneuverable and playful feel, while a 45° fiber angle provides more aggressive ride.
- Sintered WFO – Infusing a specially formulated wax deep into the pores of this extra-absorbent, high-density sintered material results in an ultra-durable base that stays wide open all season and in any condition.
- Frostbite Edges – Introduced by Burton long before all the hype about wavy "serrated knife" edges, Frostbite extends out slightly beneath your bindings for tremendous edge-hold on hard, icy conditions. Powerful when you need them, playful when you don't, Frostbite Edges are hungry for hard-pack while remaining smooth, slowing, and forgiving.
- Infinite Ride™ – This Burton-exclusive technology allows maximized pop and strength by overbuilding the board, then putting it in a machine that breaks in the board for you. Whether you choose to ride Flat Top, Flying V™, or Camber, rest assured that with Infinite Ride™ your board will maintain its flex, pop, and feel from the first day forward, season after season.
- Super Sap® Epoxy – A resin formulated with bio-based materials that reduces the carbon footprint by 50% over conventional all-petroleum-based epoxies. Less oil consumption means even less of a carbon footprint per board.
- The Channel® Mounting System – Stronger, faster, easier, and more adjustable -- The Channel™ gives you ultimate control of your stance and your board in a design compatible with all major bindings (not just Burton's).
Board Size Chart
|Effective Edge (mm)||1125||1165||1195||1195||1225||1225|
|Tip Width (mm)||287.6||291.1||296.3||304.3||300.4||308.4|
|Waist Width (mm)||246||248||252||260||255||263|
|Tail Width (mm)||287.6||291.1||296.3||304.3||300.4||308.4|
|Sidecut Radius (m)||7||7.3||7.5||7.5||7.7||7.7|
|Stance Setback (mm)||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Stance Range (mm)||530||530||560||560||560||560|
|Rider Weight (lbs)||120-180||120-180||150-200||150-200||180-260+||180-260+|
|Terrain||All Mountain Freestyle, Park, All Mountain|
|Core||FSC™ Certified Super Fly II™ 700G Core|
|Laminates/Additives||45° Carbon Highlights|
Need Expert Advice?
We know there are a lot of choices out there. If you need some guidance, let us know! Our experts have decades of experience and can help you narrow it down.Contact Us