2024 Burton Hitchhiker Snowboard Bindings
Comfortable on the up, capable on the down. Get in the fast lane with the Hitchhiker's dialed and reliable performance.
It will be 10 miles from civilization when you truly appreciate the premium comfort, strength, and proven performance of this Burton x Spark R&D brainchild. A revolution in splitboard-specific performance, the Burton Hitchhiker Splitboard Binding pairs the easiness of Spark R&D's Tesla T1 System baseplate with exclusive features like the Hammockstrap and Supergrip Capstrap, both featuring the speed and strength of Double Take buckles. Topped off with an exclusive hi-back featuring skintrack-friendly negative forward lean options, its made for ruling the ups and downs of backcountry touring.
- Spark R&D Tesla T1 Single Wire Baseplate – A single fatty wire built into the baseplate switches easily from stowed, to low (12°), to high (18°) climbing positions and back again while touring. Eliminating the second wire saves weight and fiddle time.
- Hammockstrap™ – Reactstrap roots in a stitchless construction for ultra-response with minimal materials. The addition of a nylon cross spine equals a more direct connection with the board.
- Flex Slider – Makes the ankle straps move out of the way so you can step into the binding without obstruction. Burton's Flex Slider has a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Supergrip Capstrap™ 2.0 – This minimalist design merges two materials into one technologically advanced toe strap. A firmer material in the spine provides a supportive and lightweight skeleton, while a softer over-molded material improves boot wrap and comfort.
- Double Take Buckles w/ Insta-Click – Be the first to drop in with the rapid ratcheting of Burton's Double Take Buckles. Helical teeth and "Insta-Click" engagement combine for increased torque per crank, faster uptake, and fewer cranks to tightness. The result: vastly improved strength, speed, and ease-of-use.
- Quick-Adjust FLAD™ – Burton's tool-free forward lean adjustment.
- Burton-Designed Single-Component Negative Lean Hi-Back – The simplicity of a one-piece hi-back means immediate response. Through material blends we then manipulate the overall flex profile—from buttery to responsive.
- True OTT Hi-Back Padding – Wrapping the upper portion of the hi-back with padding eliminates pesky pressure points.
- Mounts directly to 2015 and newer Burton splitboards without any additional hardware needed.
- To mount the Hitchhiker Binding to any other splitboard, you must purchase additional hardware, such as Spark R&D Spark Pucks, or pucks from Voile USA. Sold separately.
- Crampon Compatability – The new Tesla T1 baseplate is only compatible with the Burton Crampon and Spark Ibex Crampon.
- Medium-Stiff Flex – Helps with quick, technical maneuvers, even at high speeds. Great for all-mountain carving, powerful freeriding and charging through the terrain park.
- Features Re-Ground Materials to Reduce Waste