2024 Burton Instigator Flat Top Snowboard
Some riders just want to get straight to the fun part. Enjoy a no-fuss feel with the Burton Instigator, a board designed to help accelerate the learning curve and instigate a good time from your first moment on the mountain. The combination of a Flat Top™ bend and convex base keeps things friendly underfoot, creating a catch-free feel that maintains stability and control.
- Flat Top™ – A flat profile between the feet means stability, better balance, and continuous edge control. The tip and tail kick up with an early rise outside the feet for the catch-free and loose feeling you'd expect from a rocker profile.
- 0-3/10 - Soft
- Twin Flex – The flex is perfectly symmetrical from tip to tail for a balanced ride that's equally versatile regular or switch.
- Cruise Control – Boosts confidence with the catch-free combo of a softer flex and mellower edge tune. On tapered boards like the Instigator and Feather™ the nose is fully convex for all‑terrain stability
- Directional | 5mm Taper – The classic snowboard shape, designed to be ridden with a slightly longer nose than tail to concentrate pop in the tail while still giving you plenty of float, flow, and control to rip any terrain or condition.
- Pro-Tip – A tapered tip and tail thickness reduces swing weight for easier mobility.
- FSC™ Certified Super Fly 800G – Lightened up and loaded with pop, Burton's dual-species wood core utilizes dual-density vertical laminations of alternating softwood/hardwood to reduce overall weight with no sacrifice in strength or performance.
- Dualzone™ EGD™ – The wood grain is positioned along the toe and heel edges on two continuous zones, perpendicular to the rest of the wood core for consistent edge-hold and added strength.
- Squeezebox Low – With an overall easier feel, Squeezebox Low brings high-end core profiling technology to the progressing rider. Stiffer zones just outside you feet create a more direct energy transfer to the tip and tail, while enabling a softer, smoother flex between the bindings. The end result is more control with less effort from the rider.
- Biax™ Fiberglass – Features a jib-friendly, torsionally soft flex for a forgiving, park-friendly feel.
- Extruded Base – Speed, strength, and graphical pop in a base that requires little maintenance. Pass your friends without even waxing.
- Super Sap® Epoxy – A resin formulated with bio-based materials that reduces the carbon footprint by 50% over conventional all-petroleum-based epoxies. Less oil consumption means even less of a carbon footprint per board.
- The Channel® Mounting System – Stronger, faster, easier, and more adjustable -- The Channel™ gives you ultimate control of your stance and your board in a design compatible with all major bindings (not just Burton's).
Board Size Chart
|Effective Edge (mm)||1030||1075||1120||1120||1170||1170||1220||1220||1270|
|Tip Width (mm)||281.1||285.8||290.6||298.6||296.5||304.5||302.4||311.4||317.9|
|Waist Width (mm)||242||245||248||256||252||260||256||265||270|
|Tail Width (mm)||276.1||280.8||285.6||293.6||291.5||299.5||297.4||306.4||312.9|
|Sidecut Radius (m)||6.2||6.5||6.8||6.8||7.1||7.1||7.4||7.4||7.8|
|Stance Setback (mm)||25||25||25||25||25||25||25||25||25|
|Stance Range (mm)||480||505||530||530||560||560||560||560||560|
|Rider Weight (lbs)||80-120||100-150||120-180||120-180||120-180||120-180||180-260||180-260||180-260|
Need Expert Advice?
We know there are a lot of choices out there. If you need some guidance, let us know! Our experts have decades of experience and can help you narrow it down.Contact Us