|Lacing System||Dual Zone Boa®|
2024 Burton Photon Boa Snowboard Boots
The Photon BOA® boot is for those who wish to dial-in a precision fit with the click of the BOA® dial. Hard-chargers who prefer response that feels fused to the foot will appreciate the cranked-up power of Lockdown Lacing, which increases heel hold and customization with three distinct adjustment zones.
- 1:1 Firm Flex PowerUP Tongue – Burton offers 1:1 lasting on every boot. It means every half and full size shell, tongue, and out sole offer a precise fit that is not as common as one would think. Drop your loot on a Burton boot and you won't be stuck with the slop of a mismatched shell and liner. PowerUP tongues feature additional dual-density material for rebound and durability.
- GripLITE Backstay – Creates a snug interface between the boot and the highback. Made of rubber, the Backstay also shaves weight off the boot. The result is a more direct energy transfer from boot to binding to board for reduced rider fatigue.
- Total Comfort Construction – Get an instantly broken-in feel right out of the box. Total Comfort's industry-exclusive construction eliminates the break-in period for a fit that feels just as good from day 1 to day 100.
- Imprint™ 3 Liner – DryRIDE Heat Cycle™ Lining | Focus Cuff Heel Hold System with Velcro® J-Bar Interface and Inner Lace Lock | Plush Cuff 1.0 (women's only) | Lightweight Power Panels | Velcro® Liner Closure | Level 2 Molded EVA Footbed with ESS Support Shank and Aegis™ Antimicrobial Coating | Heat-Moldable
- Focus Cuff – Boosting heel-hold by hugging that sweet spot around your ankle, the Focus Cuff rides slightly higher on your ankle than the Lock-UP Cuff for increased response.
- DryRide Heat Cycle™ Lining – Warmth and wicking are two key traits for on-snow comfort. Burton's breathable inner-lining technology utilizes interwoven thermally activated carbon thread to capture, radiate, and reflect body heat inward to keep feet warmer while also wicking heat-robbing moisture outward. Look for varying amounts and performance level of each liner.
- Lightweight Power Panels – To ensure a consistent flex from day 1 to 100, Burton Imprint™ and Life liners feature strategically placed Power Panels that, even after being deeply flexed, return to their original position.
- Aegis™ Antimicrobial Coating – Antimicrobial coating on the lining of the boot fabric keeps your boots from creating their own mini-ecosystem of stink by preventing the growth of odor-causing bacteria.
- Dual Zone Boa® System with Coiler™ Technology
- Boa® System – A highly dependable lacing system that can be adjusted at a moment's notice anytime, anywhere. The simple twist of the knob at the top of the boot strategically tightens in just the right places.
- TX3 Lacing – The best of both worlds. TX3 is a flexible and low-friction textile lace used in high-power boots to provide a soft, modern design aesthetic with lasting durability and strength.
- Level 2 Molded EVA Footbed – EVA Footbeds are lightweight, long-lasting, and absorb shock.
- Vibram® EcoStep™ – Made of 30% recycled materials. This outsole has excellent grip and traction from rubber ice spikes but remains lightweight. ReBounce Cushioning, EVA and B3 Gel in the heel and toe area for extra comfort.
- ReBounce Cushioning – This Burton‑exclusive brings cushioning closer to your foot than ever before by placing it within the shell of the boot for an added layer of impact protection that sits directly below your foot. Added warmth and consistent performance in cold temperatures is achieved by wrapping it in a heat‑reflective material that keeps the cushioning soft and effective.
- B3 Gel – Ultimate dampening formulated to withstand repeated impacts without breaking down or hardening up in cold temps.
- EST® Optimized Midsole – EST® goes beyond bindings by drawing inspiration from the surf/skate heritage of snowboarding and giving you a more direct connection to your board. By eliminating the ramp angle of your outsole, EST lowers your center of gravity, improves board feel, and creates a more surf/skate-like feel. All without sacrificing an ounce of cushioning thanks to ultra-dampening ReBounce and B3 Gel inserts.
- Snow-Proof Internal Gusset – All Burton boot tongues feature an internal gusset construction to completely seal the lower zone of the boot, keeping your feet warm and dry.