2024 Burton SLX Snowboard Boots
Superior materials and technical design come together for snowboarding's most comfortable and capable boots.
As Burton's highest performance option, the men's Burton SLX Snowboard Boots combine the latest materials with versatile flex and feel that's at home anywhere you are. The boot supports every move with a fluid flex and maximum support thanks to an articulating cuff that lets the upper and lower areas respond independently. Shock absorption is equally advanced with ReBounce bringing cushioning closer to your foot, while a hybrid outsole puts traction where you need it without adding weight. The liner shaves more grams without compromising on durability, keeping feet warm and comfortable with heat-reflective tech.
- Medium Flex: 5 - 8/10 (1 Soft - 10 Stiff) – A balance of quick edge engagement and a more forgiving, playful feel. Great for all-around riders.
- Total Comfort Construction – Get an instantly broken-in feel right out of the box. Total Comfort's industry-exclusive construction eliminates the break-in period for a fit that feels just as good from day 1 to day 100.
- 1:1 Firm Flex PowerUP Tongue – Burton offers 1:1 lasting on every boot. It means every half and full size shell, tongue, and out sole offer a precise fit that is not as common as one would think. Drop your loot on a Burton boot and you won't be stuck with the slop of a mismatched shell and liner. PowerUP tongues feature additional dual-density material for rebound and durability.
- Articulating Cuff – Allowing the upper and lower zones of the boot to flex independently creates fluid forward motion, minimizes shell distortion, and maximizes heel hold and response.
- Welded Backstay
- LIFE+ Liner – The Life Liner fuses lightweight materials with a more relaxed feel for high-end performance that makes all the difference during long seasons filled with hard charging days. The responsive PU tongue construction provides a combo of cat-like quickness and long-term resistance to breakdown, while also accommodating a better fit for all foot shapes.
- DryRide Heat Cycle™ Lining – Warmth and wicking are two key traits for on-snow comfort. Burton's breathable inner-lining technology utilizes interwoven thermally activated carbon thread to capture, radiate, and reflect body heat inward to keep feet warmer while also wicking heat-robbing moisture outward. Look for varying amounts and performance level of each liner.
- Tuff Cuff – Ankle support and inner cuff stability is mandatory in a pro-level boot. Burton's solution is the Tuff Cuff, which increases heel hold and wraps the ankle with medial and lateral support while still flexing freely from toe to heel.
- Speed Zone™ Lacing – Strong with a low-profile, Burton's Speed-Zone™ Lacing features lightning fast lacing control while allowing you to customize the fit of the upper and lower zone in seconds. More power means more rebound, wrap and response with less lacing effort.
- Exclusive New England Rope Laces – American-made, lifetime warranty, natural fiber ropes power Burton's Speed Zone™ systems. Virtually indestructible, New England Ropes' laces are the same stuff used by stunt men, firefighters, and rescue teams.
- Level 3 Molded EVA Footbed – Lightweight and long-lasting shock absorption.
- Vibram® XWing Outsole with EcoStep™ Plus Rubber – Get the legendary grip and feel Vibram® is famous for in a 50% recycled construction featuring B3 Gel heel cushioning.
- ReBounce Cushioning – This Burton‑exclusive brings cushioning closer to your foot than ever before by placing it within the shell of the boot for an added layer of impact protection that sits directly below your foot. Added warmth and consistent performance in cold temperatures is achieved by wrapping it in a heat‑reflective material that keeps the cushioning soft and effective.
- Shrinkage™ Footprint Reduction Technology – This reduces the boot's overall footprint one full size, meaning a men's size 10 fits like a size 10 but has the footprint of a typical size 9. Shorter, lighter, sleeker - never suffer from toe drag again.
- Sleeping Bag Reflective Foil – This low-profile and lightweight underfoot technology reflects heat back to the feet, improving both warmth and comfort when faced with cold conditions.