2024 Capita Birds Of A Feather Snowboard
For the accomplished resort rider, looking for an award-winning experience.
A technical adaptation of the best-selling D.O.A. series, the Birds of a Feather offers the legendary performance of one of the most sought-after snowboards in the world, replicated into flex patterns and geometric sizing to meet women's riding requests. This snowboard is so damn fun that the do-anything, go-anywhere Birds of a Feather is ready to change your riding forever. With a medium flex that's easy to turn, this hybrid-camber, all-terrain performer has inspired countless knockoffs chasing its success. The Birds of a Feather breaks down industry barriers with a comprehensive size range, including an expanded dedicated wide offering for women with larger boot sizes. Are you ready to progress and experience snowboarding at new heights this season? If so, the Birds of a Feather is for you.
- Resort V1 Profile – RESORT V1 Profile boards take full advantage of the benefits of traditional camber, zero camber, and reverse camber. This next generation design allows you to get the pop and response of a cambered board with all the predictability and easy turn initiation of zero camber or reverse camber shapes.
- Twin Flex
- Flex Rating – 5/10 (1=Soft,10=Stiff)
- Twin Shape
- Blended Radial Sidecut – BLENDED RADIAL sidecuts feature a single radius arc through the midsection of the board combined with a custom designed blend zone at the contact points. Varying the length of these blend zones and tailoring them specifically for certain aspects of riding greatly improves a board’s performance.
- FSC Certified P2 Superlight Core™ – The P2 SUPERLIGHT CORE™ is an extremely lightweight core engineered to withstand high impact and deliver maximum pop. Comprised of an even mix of Poplar and Paulownia wood, the P2 is FSC® Certified and ready to dominate in any environment.
- Carbon Fiber Boosters – Increases power/response and is ultralight.
- Special Blend Fiberglass – This adhesion process improves the factory’s working environment, as it does not contain some of the same harsh chemical characteristics used in resins at other factories around the world. This configuration uses an optimum blend of 626g/m2 Biaxial fiberglass laminated in conjunction with structural additives to customize performance objectives.
- Magic Bean Resin – This advanced resin system has a bio-content of 60% renewable, agricultural raw material. It is plant based that does not compete with primary food sources and is produced with no waste or greenhouse emissions. In production, it has a low-temperature requirement with a high yield output. This resin system is poppy, powerful, and extremely durable. MAGIC BEAN™ resin yields much stronger and more rigid qualities allowing us to decrease the wood core thickness. Our focus is to save wood core weight by increasing resin performance. This means you get a lighter board while achieving higher energy return.
- Fortress™ Kevlar Bound Sidewalls – With seven Transworld Good Wood Awards in six years for the D.O.A. series, it’s clear that the performance and value of these boards are unmatched. FORTRESS™ KEVLAR BOUND SIDEWALLS are bonded by a Kevlar “S” wrap from the top of the sidewall to the underside of the core. This lightweight technology binds the sidewall and core material together like no other.
- Full ABS1000 Sidewalls
- Quantum Drive™ Base – The QUANTUM DRIVE™ running base is formulated with a progressive blend of compressed ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene. As an evolution from the already blazing fast ULTRADRIVE™, this running base features higher density for durability and absorbs more wax to wick longer and ride faster. Properly maintained sintered bases are fast, durable, and are the preferred choice of many high-end enthusiasts worldwide.
- 360 Degree HRC48 Steel Edges
- PAM16000™ Topsheet with Metallic Underlay
- PLT™ Topsheet Technology – PLT™ technology is exclusive to CAPiTA MFG and magically bonds the topsheet to an already pressed snowboard.
- Multitech™ Level 5 DeepSpace™ Silkscreen – The DEEPSPACE™ Design Theory takes advantage of the thickness of a transparent topsheet. Strategically layering ink on multiple levels from the top and the bottom imbues graphics with a sense of life through depth.
- Sublimation / Die-cut Base Graphic
- Stainless Steel 2 x 4 Inserts
Board Size Chart
|Effective Edge (mm)||1103||1118||1136||1151||1170||1176||1186||1191||1202||1207||1218|
|Tip Width (mm)||270||273||276||279||282||287||285||289||288||292||292|
|Waist Width (mm)||226||229||232||235||238||244||241||246||244||248||247|
|Tail Width (mm)||270||293||286||279||282||287||285||289||288||292||292|
|Sidecut Radius (m)||6.6||6.8||7||7.2||7.4||7.6||7.6||7.7||7.8||7.8||8|
|Stance Setback (in)||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Stance Range (in)||22.1||22.1||22.1||22.9||22.9||22.9||23.7||23.7||24.1||24.1||24.1|
|Rider Weight (lbs)||90-140||90-140||100-150||100-150||110-160||110-160||110-160||110-160||110-160||110-170+||110-170+|
Need Expert Advice?
We know there are a lot of choices out there. If you need some guidance, let us know! Our experts have decades of experience and can help you narrow it down.Contact Us