2024 Capita Mega Mercury Snowboard
The ultimate any time, any day, any condition, freeride machine.
Behold! The consummate anytime, any-place, all-terrain, snow-slaying device: the MEGA MERC. Inspired by the on-slope versatility of the Mercury series, the MEGA MERC mimics its proven technical design lines while packing a powerful punch of serious construction upgrades. Featuring an FSC® Certified 3D Thermopolymer Starship Core™ that marries ultralight post-consumer recycled plastics with premium grade wood, the MEGA MERC is further bolstered by a MEGACARBON™ Array and a MEGALITE Skin™ topsheet, yielding an exclusive performance-to-weight ratio for serious descents. For 2023, the MEGA MERC has been further enhanced with a new, high-speed MEGADRIVE™ base with a factory direct Moonshot Omni-tune™, optimizing high-speed performance while riding both regular and switch. Designed for power when you want it and float when you need it, the MEGA MERC is the utilitarian, shred-anything, ultra-premium snowboard you can trust to handle it all.
- Resort V2 Profile – This revolutionary all-terrain shape provides the best of both worlds. It has a raised camber platform through the inserts to retain high-speed edge hold through variable terrain, elevated contact points to land and float in powder, and Flat Kick tip and tail arcs for faster, more aggressive transitions.
- Flex Rating – 6.5/10 (1=Soft,10=Stiff)
- Directional Flex
- New Age Directional – NEW AGE DIRECTIONAL sidecuts are progressive sidecuts, which also incorporate a reverse sidecut arc in the midsection of the board. Due to a reduced effective edge as a result of hybrid camber shapes, this reverse camber arc provides a point of contact to retain control throughout the turn and is affectionately referred to as DEATH GRIP™.
- FSC® Certified 3D Thermopolymer Starship Core™ – Utilizing an advanced electronic sorting system allows Capita to select mega-premium, reforestation certified, Poplar graded by weight and grain consistency. Comparable to Paulownia in strength to weight ratio, this core retains the poppiness of Poplar, and then achieves a signature feel by adding bonded post-consumer recycled Thermopolymer channels to form an advanced hybrid core. This mega-premium core will blast you into space and beyond.
- Triax/Triax Holysheet™ – The HOLYSHEET™ fiberglass configuration features fiber weaves with a high tensile strength and low modulus of elasticity. With a higher roving count in the same weight of glass, you can have a stronger and more responsive board without adding extra weight. Triaxial fiberglass is placed on both the top and bottom of the core providing maximum strength, durability and performance.
- Megacarbon™ Array – Mega-wide carbon tape on both top and bottom of the woodcore = four times the power and response of previous carbon additives.
- Full ABS1000 Sidewalls
- Die-Cut Base
- Megadrive Base - This exclusively formulated for the Mega line up of boards, this base is made with the most advanced and premium contents. It is as fast as science can make it and is a pure face base made of UHMW polyethylene modified with high carbon content and a special fluoro additives for lightspeed gliding in a wide range of conditions.
- Moonshot Omni-Tune™ – Aftermarket performance stone grind structure straight from The Mothership, optimized for regular and switch riding.
- 360 Degree HRC48 Steel Edges
- PAM16000™ Topsheet
- Megalite Skin™ Topsheet – Super thin yet durable matte lamina for 60% weight reduction over Capita's regular topsheets.
- PLT™ Topsheet Technology – PLT™ technology is exclusive to CAPiTA MFG and magically bonds the topsheet to an already pressed snowboard.
- Stainless Steel 2 x 4 Inserts
Board Size Chart
|Effective Edge (mm)||1183||1199||1215||1223||1223||1239||1247|
|Tip Width (mm)||296||298||301||307||303||309||306|
|Waist Width (mm)||253||255||257||261||259||265||261|
|Tail Width (mm)||296||298||301||307||303||309||306|
|Sidecut Radius (m)||7.5||7.7||7.8||7.8||8||8||8.1|
|Stance Setback (in)||0.5||0.5||0.5||0.5||0.5||0.5||0.5|
|Stance Range (in)||24||25||25||25||26.6||26.6||26.6|
|Rider Weight (lbs)||100-160||120-180||130-190||130-190||140-200||140-200+||160-200+|
Need Expert Advice?
We know there are a lot of choices out there. If you need some guidance, let us know! Our experts have decades of experience and can help you narrow it down.Contact Us