2024 Capita The Equalizer Snowboard By Jess Kimura
For the inspired rider looking to unlock all possible terrain.
Inspired by Jess Kimura's progression from the streets to the backcountry, The Equalizer was born to level the playing field on the mountain and offer riders a high-end all mountain option designed specifically for women. The series now features an updated custom-designed hybrid camber profile, providing positive camber through the length of the board for carving control, while reverse camber in the nose and tail maximizes float in powder. The Equalizer's ride and response have been upgraded for 2023 by implementing the all-new META Core™ to achieve a desirable flex for all-mountain terrain, while Technora™ + Flax Boosters have been retained in the construction to provide longitudinal power. Also featuring a Quantum Drive™ high-speed sintered base, The Equalizer is one of the most technically advanced women's freeride boards on the market
- Resort V2 Directional Profile – This revolutionary all-terrain shape provides the best of both worlds. It has a raised camber platform through the inserts to retain high-speed edge hold through variable terrain, elevated contact points to land and float in powder, and Flat Kick tip and tail arcs for faster, more aggressive transitions.
- Directional Flex
- Flex Rating – 5.5/10 (1=Soft,10=Stiff)
- Directional Shape
- Meta Core – The paulownia and poplar P2 Superlight Core gets boosted with shock absorbing beech stringers through the inserts. This gives it increased strength and even snappier pop.
- Technora™ + Flax Boosters – With an excellent tensile strength and fatigue resistance, Technora™ is an aramid fiber that functions as a shock absorber and energy source when integrated into a snowboard construction layup. CAPiTA has interwoven Technora™ with an extremely lightweight and all-natural Flax fiber to invigorate every construction combination with maximum turning and ollie power.
- Holysheet™ Fiberglass – The HOLYSHEET™ fiberglass configuration features fiber weaves with a high tensile strength and low modulus of elasticity. With a higher roving count in the same weight of glass, you can have a stronger and more responsive board without adding extra weight. It features Triaxial fiberglass on top of the core and Biaxial fiberglass beneath, creating a perfectly blended ride while increasing strength and durability.
- Magic Bean Resin – This advanced resin system has a bio-content of 60% renewable, agricultural raw material and is produced with no waste or greenhouse emissions. In production, it has a low-temperature requirement with a high yield output. Poppy, powerful, and extremely durable, MAGIC BEAN™ resin yields much stronger and more rigid qualities allowing a decrease in the wood core thickness. This means you get a lighter board while achieving higher energy return.
- Full ABS1000 Sidewalls
- Quantum Drive™ Base – The QUANTUM DRIVE™ running base is formulated with a progressive blend of compressed ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene. As an evolution from the already blazing fast ULTRADRIVE™, this running base features higher density for durability and absorbs more wax to wick longer and ride faster. Properly maintained sintered bases are fast, durable, and are the preferred choice of many high-end enthusiasts worldwide.
- Die-Cut Base
- 360 Degree HRC48 Steel Edges
- PAM16000™ Topsheet with Metallic Underlay
- PLT™ Topsheet Technology – PLT™ technology is exclusive to CAPiTA MFG and magically bonds the topsheet to an already pressed snowboard.
- Multitech™ Level 5 DeepSpace™ Silkscreen – The DEEPSPACE™ Design Theory takes advantage of the thickness of a transparent topsheet. Strategically layering ink on multiple levels from the top and the bottom imbues graphics with a sense of life through depth.
- Sublimation Base Graphic
- Stainless Steel 2 x 4 Inserts
Board Size Chart
|Effective Edge (mm)||1103||1152||1166||1206|
|Tip Width (mm)||273||279||285||291|
|Waist Width (mm)||229||235||241||247|
|Tail Width (mm)||271||278||284||290|
|Sidecut Radius (m)||6.8||7.2||7.6||8|
|Stance Setback (in)||0.5||0.5||0.5||0.5|
|Stance Range (in)||22.1||23||23.5||24.5|
|Rider Weight (lbs)||90-140||100-150||110-170||120-190+|
Need Expert Advice?
We know there are a lot of choices out there. If you need some guidance, let us know! Our experts have decades of experience and can help you narrow it down.Contact Us