2024 Jones Mercury Snowboard Bindings
The Mercury is designed for expert freestylin’ freeriders who need a supremely comfortable and responsive binding with a maneuverable medium stiff flex. The Mercury will respond instantly to your every move thanks to SKATETECH technology that transfers your energy directly to your edges. The Mercury’s Control Flex highback offers solid support while absorbing chatter and eliminating calf-bite. The Mercury can be set up in Surf mode or Freeride mode by switching bushing and interchanging the Power Spine Ankle straps between bindings. The wide bottom section of the Power Spine Ankle Strap is softer for enhanced comfort and the center spine is stiffer for ultimate response. The Mercury also features the Hangar 3.0 which is wider for better boot fit and has an expanded bushing footprint for better energy transfer. The Mercury is fitted with Jones' low profile 3D Flex Fit 2.0 toe straps that are slightly stretchy to conform to any boot shape.
- Flex Rating – Freeride Mode 8/10 (1=Soft,10=Stiff)
- Flex Rating – Surf Mode 5/10 (1=Soft,10=Stiff)
- Comfort Foam Foot Pillow – Full length EVA foam footbed that maximizes binding comfort while minimizing foot fatigue. The 3D molded footbed surface offers supreme traction for any boot tread pattern and prevents snow build-up.
- Hanger 3.0 – Binding hanger design featuring a wider bushing footprint that’s closer to the edges for enhanced board connection and faster energy transfer. The Hanger 3.0 is also lighter weight and has a lower inner lateral wall for better ankle mobility and high volume boot fit. Nylon reinforced with 30% fiberglass.
- Flushcup Technology
- Control Flex Highback – Designed for balanced response and flex. Mid-wide profile and mid-stiff flex let you lock in turns or tweak airs.
- Asym Highback with Wider Lateral Side for Added Toe Side Turn Power
- Dual Density Design that Gets Progressively Softer from Bottom to Top
- Stiff Middle Spine for Solid Carving Performance
- Flexible Side Edges for Added Freestyle Performance
- Tool-Less Forward Lean Adjustment
- Highback Flex – 6/10 (1=Soft, 10=Stiff)
- Comfort Flex Ankle Straps – Comfort Flex Ankle Straps are 3D molded to evenly distribute pressure and eliminate strap bite plus asymmetric for customizable response. Flip-It Strap compatible (Freeride mode + Surf mode).
- 3D Flex Fit 2.0 Toe Straps – 3D Flex Fit 2.0 toe straps dynamically stretch to fit any shape boot. The new minimalist design is even lower profile and every bit as comfortable, durable and responsive as the original design.
- Flip-It Ankle Strap Technology – Side 1: Freeride mode / Side 2: Surf mode
- Tool-Less Strap Adjustment
- Hinge Connector Strap Attachment + Pre-Curved Ladders
- Asymmetrical Buckles – Bombproof buckles made from aircraft-grade alloy featuring ultra-strong levers and springs. Triple action ratchet design increase speed of entry and release.
- Freeride Mode – Position the wide half of the strap above the buckle for more lateral support and board response. Use Hard Bushings for maximum response. Hard Bushings available separately.
- Skate Tech – The components of the SkateTech design mimic the function of a skateboard truck. The “Hanger” acts as a lever that transfers energy input from the straps to the “Bushings” and onto the board edges. The “Kingpin” acts as the fulcrum for the “Hanger” and magnifies the energy transfer through leverage. Traditional bindings lose energy when the baseplate flexes and bends unevenly. The energy loss forces you to crank your straps tighter and ride with more forward lean to gain the same control. Uneven pressure and tight straps lead to more foot fatigue and pain. By evenly pivoting over the “Post”, the middle of your board flexes more uniformly and your energy inputs are focused directly on your edge. Your feet stay more relaxed and more comfortable because the bindings transfer power to the board with less work.
- Universal Mounting Disc – Compatible with 4x2, 4x4 and EST/Channel
Need Expert Advice?
We know there are a lot of choices out there. If you need some guidance, let us know! Our experts have decades of experience and can help you narrow it down.Contact Us