2024 Jones Orion Snowboard Bindings
The Orion binding is designed for fun focused freeriders who are looking for a comfortable and durable freeride binding with a freestyle friendly medium soft flex. The Orion features SKATETECH technology that transfers your energy directly to your edges through our most advanced Hangar 3.0. The Hangar 3.0 is wider for better boot fit and has an expanded bushing footprint for better energy transfer. The Orion’s Progressive Flex Highback is stiffer at the bottom and gets progressively softer toward the top for a precise and playful binding feel. The Orion can be set up in Surf mode or Freeride mode by switching bushing and interchanging the Comfort Flex Ankle Straps between bindings. The Comfort Flex Ankle Straps are 3D molded to evenly distribute strap pressure and eliminate strap bite. The Orion is also fitted with our low profile 3D Flex Fit 2.0 toe strap that are slightly stretchy to conform to any boot shape.
- Flex Rating – Freeride Mode 7/10 (1=Soft,10=Stiff)
- Flex Rating – Surf Mode 4/10 (1=Soft,10=Stiff)
- Comfort Foam Foot Pillow – Full length EVA foam footbed that maximizes binding comfort while minimizing foot fatigue. The 3D molded footbed surface offers supreme traction for any boot tread pattern and prevents snow build-up.
- Hanger 3.0 – Binding hanger design featuring a wider bushing footprint that’s closer to the edges for enhanced board connection and faster energy transfer. The Hanger 3.0 is also lighter weight and has a lower inner lateral wall for better ankle mobility and high volume boot fit. Nylon reinforced with 30% fiberglass.
- Flushcup Technology
- Progressive Flex Highback – Designed for precise and playful response. Symmetric mid-wide profile and medium flex for carving, tweaking airs and riding switch.
- Dual Density Design that Gets Progressively Softer from Bottom to Top
- Stiff Lower Section for Solid Carving Performance
- Flexible Top Section for Lively Freestyle Performance
- Tool-Less Forward Lean Adjustment
- Highback Flex – 6/10 (1=Soft,10=Stiff)
- Comfort Flex Ankle Straps – Comfort Flex Ankle Straps are 3D molded to evenly distribute pressure and eliminate strap bite plus asymmetric for customizable response. Flip-It Strap compatible (Freeride mode + Surf mode).
- 3D Flex Fit 2.0 Toe Straps – 3D Flex Fit 2.0 toe straps dynamically stretch to fit any shape boot. The new minimalist design is even lower profile and every bit as comfortable, durable and responsive as the original design.
- Flip-It Ankle Strap Technology – Side 1: Freeride mode / Side 2: Surf mode
- Tool-Less Strap Adjustment
- Hinge Connector Strap Attachment + Pre-Curved Ladders
- Asymmetrical Buckles – Bombproof buckles made from aircraft-grade alloy featuring ultra-strong levers and springs. Triple action ratchet design increase speed of entry and release.
- Skate Tech – The components of the SkateTech design mimic the function of a skateboard truck. The “Hanger” acts as a lever that transfers energy input from the straps to the “Bushings” and onto the board edges. The “Kingpin” acts as the fulcrum for the “Hanger” and magnifies the energy transfer through leverage. Traditional bindings lose energy when the baseplate flexes and bends unevenly. The energy loss forces you to crank your straps tighter and ride with more forward lean to gain the same control. Uneven pressure and tight straps lead to more foot fatigue and pain. By evenly pivoting over the “Post”, the middle of your board flexes more uniformly and your energy inputs are focused directly on your edge. Your feet stay more relaxed and more comfortable because the bindings transfer power to the board with less work.
- Freeride Mode – Position the wide half of the strap above the buckle for more lateral support and board response. Use Hard Bushings for maximum response. Hard Bushings available separately.
- Surf Mode – Position the wide half of the strap below the buckle for solid heel support but more ankle flexibility for getting loose. Use Soft Bushings for a looser, more dynamic surf feel. Soft Bushings included.
- Universal Mounting Disc – Compatible with 4x2, 4x4 and EST/Channel
Need Expert Advice?
We know there are a lot of choices out there. If you need some guidance, let us know! Our experts have decades of experience and can help you narrow it down.Contact Us