2024 Never Summer Harpoon Snowboard
SMOOTH MULTI-TASKING CARVER
The ultimate, volume shifted, surf inspired Harpoon is the ultra-versatile option for a dynamic ride in any condition. 13mm of taper, Fusion Rocker Camber and a setback stance allow for charging, laybacks, bank slashing and quick edge to edge transitions, with effortless float, powerful edge grip and a smooth ride for a surfy feel anywhere on the hill. Downsize 3-5cm for added agility through the trees
- Fusion Rocker Camber - Fusion Rocker Camber is a special directional camber profile that puts catch-free and playful rocker between your feet, stable camber just outside the inserts, and a long rising transition area from your front foot to the nose. This retains stability and power in your back foot while lifting your nose for effortless float and glide.
- Extended Transition Area – Never Summer adds a small flat section in the snowboard profile that improves both turn initiation and powder flotation.
- Flex Rating – 5/10
- Dampness Rating – 5/10
- A mid flex that is stable at speed, but still has a fun surfy feel to it.
- Vario Power Grip Sidecut – Vario Power Grip Sidecut utilizes multiple radiuses creating extra contact points to enhance edge hold. A flat section in the rocker area provides a broad contact point when flexed, however when unbent allows the board to track straight and not catch. Flanking this straight section are two shallow radii which provide the second and third contact points. Towards the ends of the sidecut are deep radius which renders quick turn initiation and the final contact points.
- Taper – 13mm
- NS Superlight Wood Core – Never Summer uses a custom blend of wood species that was created to be the lightest weight yet durable core on the market. The NS Superlight Wood Core is CNC sanded in the custom wood working facility to a fraction of a millimeter. A tailored flex is perfected, giving their snowboards unequaled performance.
- Carbon Max Laminate Technology – More carbon equals more power and performance. The Carbon Max Laminate Technology combines an advanced top and bottom carbon matrix to maximize response and strength where it's needed most. The result is a lightweight yet powerful configuration that provides torsional rigidity and energy transfer without sacrificing the control a rider needs.
- STS Pretensioned Fiberglass – The world's best snowboard fiberglass, period. This advanced pre-hardened, pre-tensioned, layered laminate has added elastomer stringers between the 0 degree and 90 degree glass fibers (the length of the effective edge). This produces a stronger bond between the individual glass laminates giving our snowboards unmatched strength, edge hold and performance.
- Bi-Lite Fiberglass – Bi-Lite Fiberglass combines many of the strength characteristics of Never Summer's STS fiberglass with an ultralight glass fiber matrix. This delivers incredible freestyle and freeride performance without sacrificing durability.
- RDS 1 Damping - Laminated damping layers that are more extensive along the effective edge and less extensive in the tip and tail, enhancing stability and reducing swing weight.
- Elastomeric Underfoot Stabilizers – Elastomeric Underfoot Stabilizers directly below the mounting area provide optimum vibration absorption and increase high-speed stability while reducing foot fatigue.
- Sintered P-Tex Sidewalls – Never Summer was the first snowboard company to use and perfect Sintered P-Tex Sidewalls, and they've never seen one crack. Unlike conventional ABS sidewalls that have a tendency to crack in colder temperatures, Sintered P-Tex Sidewalls maintain their integrity at any temperature.
- Durasurf XT Sintered 5501 Base – Crown Plastics has developed an exclusive, super fast, durable sintered base specifically for higher end boards. Just the right amount of graphite has been added making the Durasurf XT Sintered 5501 Base the fastest Never Summer has ever used.
- Premium Coextruded Polymer Topsheet – The Premium Topsheet is a durable, lightweight, scratch and chip resistant fiber backed thermoplastic. The premium topsheets also provide more grip than other topsheet materials, working as a built-in stomp pad.
- P-Tex Tip/Tail Protection – Boards with P-Tex Tip/Tail Protection have UHMW plastic, or P-Tex which is a softer molecular material that not only seals and protects the wood core, but also absorbs vibration and impact.
- 2 x 4 Insert Pattern
Board Size Specs
Waist Width (mm)
Effective Edge (cm)
Nose/Tail Width (cm)
Need Expert Advice?
We know there are a lot of choices out there. If you need some guidance, let us know! Our experts have decades of experience and can help you narrow it down.Contact Us