2024 Never Summer Proto Slinger Snowboard
FREESTYLE ASYMMETRICAL TWIN
The go-to snowboard of Sam Klein, one of the most technical freestyle snowboarders on the planet, the soft-flex, twin tip Proto Slinger features Never Summer's Shockwave Rocker Camber Profile for massive pop and asymmetrical sidecut for balance edge to edge. Press Flex core allows for locks into presses and on rails. Not only is this the end-all be-all of freestyle snowboards, it also excels where a freestyle snowboard isn’t supposed to — everywhere else on the hill.
(X - Wide version of the original)
- Shock Wave Rocker Camber - Shock Wave Rocker Camber features extended camber zones underfoot towards the tip and tail for explosive pop and solid stability, with smaller rocker areas that retain quick turn initiation and enhance floatation.
- Extended Transition Area – Never Summer adds a small flat section in the snowboard profile that improves both turn initiation and powder flotation.
- Flex Rating – 4/10
- Dampness Rating – 4/10
- A softer flex for added press-ability and an overall more playful ride.
- Vario Power Grip Sidecut – Vario Power Grip Sidecut utilizes multiple radiuses creating extra contact points to enhance edge hold. A flat section in the rocker area provides a broad contact point when flexed, however when unbent allows the board to track straight and not catch. Flanking this straight section are two shallow radii which provide the second and third contact points. Towards the ends of the sidecut are deep radius which renders quick turn initiation and the final contact points.
- Low Profile Tip/Tail – A low profile in the nose and tail of the snowboard maximizes material contact with the snow for more powerful ollie/nollie pop and stability to your landings. Low Profile Tip/Tail also reduces the plowing effect in the nose for better glide to the next feature and superior float when it's deep.
- Press Flex Wood Core – This rocker core design features 2 specific softer flex points between the feet creating better hinge points for ultimate pressing and ollie performance. The press flex wood core is the perfect foundation for freestyle performance.
- Carbon VXR Laminate Technology – Carbon VXR extends carbon fiber V's out from the inserts to the effective edge for quick response while stiffening the board torsionally. Additionally, V's are positioned to the ends of the board providing maximum boost and pop when loaded up. This is an ideal layup to transfer energy to the end of the effective edge, tip/tail and still give the board a softer more forgiving mid-flex for torsional control.
- STS Pretensioned Fiberglass – The world's best snowboard fiberglass, period. This advanced pre-hardened, pre-tensioned, layered laminate has added elastomer stringers between the 0 degree and 90 degree glass fibers (the length of the effective edge). This produces a stronger bond between the individual glass laminates giving our snowboards unmatched strength, edge hold and performance.
- Bi-Lite Fiberglass – Bi-Lite Fiberglass combines many of the strength characteristics of Never Summer's STS fiberglass with an ultralight glass fiber matrix. This delivers incredible freestyle and freeride performance without sacrificing durability.
- Freestyle Damping System – Specifically designed for Never Summer's freestyle models, FDS utilizes thinner rubber foil for a lighter, snappier feel while still providing the legendary NS smooth ride.
- Elastomeric Underfoot Stabilizers – Elastomeric Underfoot Stabilizers directly below the mounting area provide optimum vibration absorption and increase high-speed stability while reducing foot fatigue.
- Sintered P-Tex Sidewalls – Never Summer was the first snowboard company to use and perfect Sintered P-Tex Sidewalls, and they've never seen one crack. Unlike conventional ABS sidewalls that have a tendency to crack in colder temperatures, Sintered P-Tex Sidewalls maintain their integrity at any temperature.
- Durasurf Sintered 4501 Base – Crown Plastics has been the industry leader in sintered materials for over 36 years and has created the Durasurf 4501 sintered base exclusively for Never Summer. This high-density base is extremely fast and will provide unmatched performance and durability.
- Premium Coextruded Polymer Topsheet – The Premium Topsheet is a durable, lightweight, scratch and chip resistant fiber backed thermoplastic. The premium topsheets also provide more grip than other topsheet materials, working as a built-in stomp pad.
- P-Tex Tip/Tail Protection – Boards with P-Tex Tip/Tail Protection have UHMW plastic, or P-Tex which is a softer molecular material that not only seals and protects the wood core, but also absorbs vibration and impact.
- 2 x 4 Insert Pattern
Board Size Specs
Waist Width (mm)
Effective Edge (cm)
Sidecut - Toe/Heel (m)
Nose/Tail Width (cm)
Need Expert Advice?
We know there are a lot of choices out there. If you need some guidance, let us know! Our experts have decades of experience and can help you narrow it down.Contact Us