2024 Never Summer Proto Ultra Snowboard
ULTRA ALL MOUNTAIN TWIN
Olympian Chris Corning needs a top of the line board to perform at the highest levels in snowboarding. This is the most powerful, all mountain true twin in the Never Summer lineup. The perfectly balanced, mid-wide Proto Ultra features more carbon and a stiffer flex than the Proto Synthesis and Triple Camber Twin profile for ultimate edge hold and performance
- Triple Camber – Every function of a snowboard is now improved with Never Summer’s new patented Triple Camber Profile... edge hold, stability, power, pop, speed, float, forgiveness and smooth responsiveness. Words and images are never going to do this board justice!
- Extended Transition Area – Never Summer adds a small flat section in the snowboard profile that improves both turn initiation and powder flotation.
- Flex Rating – 8/10 (1=Soft,10=Stiff)
- Dampness Rating – 6/10 (1=Lively, 10=Damp)
- Vario Power Grip Sidecut – Vario Power Grip Sidecut utilizes multiple radii creating extra contact points to enhance edge hold. A flat section in the rocker area provides a broad contact point when flexed, but allows the board to track straight and not catch when unbent. Flanking this straight section are two shallow radii, which provide the second and third contact points. Towards the ends of the sidecut are deep radii which render quick turn initiation and the final contact points
- Low Profile Tip/Tail – A low profile in the nose and tail of the snowboard maximizes material contact with the snow for more powerful ollie/nollie pop and stability to your landings. Low Profile Tip/Tail also reduces the plowing effect in the nose for better glide to the next feature and superior float when it's deep.
- WooBoo Core – The WooBoo Core is a precise mix of the highest quality woods and bamboo that brings out the ultra-performance in each material.
- Carbon Max Laminate Technology – More carbon equals more power and performance. The Carbon Max Laminate Technology combines an advanced top and bottom carbon matrix to maximize response and strength where it's needed most. The result is a lightweight yet powerful configuration that provides torsional rigidity and energy transfer without sacrificing the control a rider needs.
- Bi-Lite Fiberglass – Bi-Lite Fiberglass combines many of the strength characteristics of Never Summer's STS fiberglass with an ultralight glass fiber matrix. This delivers incredible freestyle and freeride performance without sacrificing durability.
- RDS 2 Damping System – This lightweight system uses three narrower laminated dampening layers that provide the perfect combination of vibration, absorption, and stability. RDS 2 is the perfect balance of freeride stability and freestyle liveliness.
- Elastomeric Underfoot Stabilizers – Elastomeric Underfoot Stabilizers directly below the mounting area provide optimum vibration absorption and increase high-speed stability while reducing foot fatigue.
- Harmonic Tip / Tail Damper – Harmonic Dampers in the tip and tail take out a high percentage of residual vibration by quieting the nose and tail. This enhances stability at speed, in variable snow conditions and on board landings without deadening the liveliness and pop of the cambered areas.
- Sintered P-Tex Sidewalls – Never Summer was the first snowboard company to use and perfect Sintered P-Tex Sidewalls, and they've never seen one crack. Unlike conventional ABS sidewalls that have a tendency to crack in colder temperatures, Sintered P-Tex Sidewalls maintain their integrity at any temperature.
- Durasurf XT Sintered 5501 Base – Crown Plastics has developed an exclusive, super fast, durable sintered base specifically for higher end boards. Just the right amount of graphite has been added making the Durasurf XT Sintered 5501 Base the fastest Never Summer has ever used.
- Full Wrap Metal Edge
- Premium Coextruded Polymer Topsheet – The Premium Topsheet is a durable, lightweight, scratch and chip resistant fiber backed thermoplastic. The premium topsheets also provide more grip than other topsheet materials, working as a built-in stomp pad.
- 2 x 4 Insert Pattern
Board Size Chart
|Effective Edge (mm)||1180||1210||1230||1260|
|Tip Width (mm)||308||309||311||313|
|Waist Width (mm)||260||262||264||266|
|Tail Width (mm)||308||309||311||313|
|Sidecut Radius (m)||7.31||7.61||7.82||8.06|
Need Expert Advice?
We know there are a lot of choices out there. If you need some guidance, let us know! Our experts have decades of experience and can help you narrow it down.Contact Us