2024 Nidecker Gamma Snowboard
The Biomimicry Series is evolving. The Gamma is the latest product of Nidecker's engineers’ obsession of studying the natural world for new ways to improve snowboarding, and with this completely unique looking board, they’ve outdone themselves again.
They used asymmetry to create more grip, much like the way alpine animals use slightly offset paws to gracefully master the ridgelines of mountain terrain. Whilst the Gamma is a true twin nose to tail, the heel and toe edges are shaped differently. This accounts for the inequality in precision you have turning on each edge. Gamma’s heelside sidecut is markedly tighter than the toeside, meaning it’s much easier to maintain control during frontside turns and carve. This is true both ways - great news for riders who love going switch.
The twin shape is the clue to the Gamma’s intentions: Nidecker created this board for those who can't resist launching tricks on any natural feature in their path. It’s a joy for scoping out side-hits by the piste, or for taking freestyle maneuvers into soft slush or deep pow. If natural terrain inspires your tricks, this is the board for you.
With this in mind, Nidecker used the Evolution Spoon Nose from the Alpha and Beta, but for the first time they put the same 3D-shape, with its rolling edge-to-edge feel, to the tail as well. This creates the same smooth turns and float up front, but also brings a looser ride whilst flat based that complements its pin-sharp precision on edge. Paired with their tested camrock profile, Master Core, POP Carbon and N-7000 base, it’s a ton of fun to throw around and get creative with, wherever you are on the mountain.
After all, that’s what the Gamma is: a creative shape, made for creative riders.
- Surfy CamRock – Surfy CamRock delivers that special feeling of surfing on snow sought after by a new generation of freeriders. With a long rocker in the nose for optimal float and regular camber through the midsection and tail, it has all the reactivity you need to ride with lots of setback and a very short fish tail.
- Flex Rating – 5/10 (1=Soft, 10=Stiff)
- Asym Shape – An offset teardrop nose and tail outline for a unique, 3D riding experience.
- Full Wood Core – This is the standard poplar core with beech reinforcements. The beech in the nose and tail adds pop and stiffness for better response. If you like a consistent ride with lots of life, this is the core for you.
- Biax Plus – Biax Plus retains the properties of Nidecker's tried and tested 90° biaxial fiberglass weave with more glass to enhance power transfer. It's uncompromising in its response and energy return, and loved and coveted by riders searching for a good blend of stiff & damp wherever they rip.
- Pop Carbon – Strategic placement of carbon fiber from the tail to the rear inserts, and from the nose to the front inserts, resulting in a more reactive board, with increased pop and stiffness. It's vibration dampening qualities make it ideal for more aggressive riding in all conditions.
- Premium Sandwich – This next level construction steps up the power and response of the standard sandwich manufacturing. Adding advanced materials like Carbon and Kevlar® gives the board more pop and improved shock absorption.
- N-7000 – Developed exclusively for Nidecker, the N-7000 is an extremely tough, sintered base with added carbon nanoparticles that provide exceptional glide.
- Absorbnid – This innovative top layer has been developed to absorb unwanted vibrations allowing for responsive and dynamic boards that still give you a smooth and comfortable ride.
- Matte Finish
- Drop Out – The Drop Out is derived from a natural phenomena we observed on the tail of birds of prey to give them extra control. It does the same for you when up on edge, but also allows for extra agility and deep, tight turns.
- Evolution Nose – 3D curved tips give an incredible feeling of rolling from edge to edge. The most natural and smooth feeling you’ll ever experience on a snowboard
- 2x4 - 6 Inserts – With 6 rows of inserts every 2 cm, this insert combination allows you to adjust your stance to the optimum position. Nidecker's reference stance is the second narrowest position.
Board Size Chart
|BOARD SIZE (CM)
|TOTAL LENGTH (MM)
|NOSE LENGTH (MM)
|CONTACT EDGE LENGTH (MM)
|EFFECTIVE EDGE LENGTH (MM)
|TAIL LENGTH (MM)
|SIDECUT RADIUS (M)
|7500 / 7200
|NOSE WIDTH (MM)
|UNDERFOOT WIDTH : FRONT FOOT (MM)
|WAIST WIDTH (MM)
|UNDERFOOT WIDTH : REAR FOOT (MM)
|TAIL WIDTH (MM)
|SET BACK (MM)
|REFERENCE STANCE (MM)
|MINIMUM - MAXIMUM STANCE (MM)
|500 - 620
Need Expert Advice?
We know there are a lot of choices out there. If you need some guidance, let us know! Our experts have decades of experience and can help you narrow it down.Contact Us