2024 Nidecker Merc Snowboard
Progression begins with confidence, and the Merc’s playful feel will inspire you to take your riding to the next level, whatever the terrain. The secret sauce is the Standard Camrock profile, a combination of classic camber beneath your feet with extended rocker towards the tip and tail. This gives great edge hold without being too aggressive; it also smooths turn initiation and adds useful float in powder. Nidecker paired it with a mellow flex pattern that doesn’t need superhuman strength to load presses, but thanks to Pop Carbon inlays at each end you can still generate a ton of ollie power. It’s a truly versatile model and a favourite of Nidecker's team, whether they’re launching off the pro line or exploring deep in the backcountry. You won’t find a better value quiver killer.
- Directional Twin CamRock – This tried and true camber is perfect for riders who want to enjoy all aspects of snowboarding. With camber between the bindings and rocker evenly distributed in the nose and tail, this is the all-mountain, all-conditions profile that will leave you stoked and smiling from ear to ear.
- Flex Rating – 6/10 (1=Soft,10=Stiff)
- Diamond Nose – This is a newly developed shape with a longer transition that allows for a more compact nose with increased float.
- Diamond Tail – This evolution of the all-round tail is compact with a longer transition for increased lift, allowing you to ride switch without compromising the board's responsiveness.
- Master Core – The Master Core construction is the result of a long history of experimentation in materials and woodcraft. It's the perfect harmony of different wood densities and varieties (poplar, beech, spruce, and paulownia), resulting in a superior weight to power ratio and an ultra-strong, extra-responsive lightweight core.
- Triax Plus – The result extensive testing with riders and engineers, Nidecker's Triax laminate is oriented at 45° to the board, and contains different glass densities. This provides consistent torsional flex, better pop, and more reactivity on every turn.
- Pop Carbon X - Carbon fiber, laid up in an X patten just outside both insert packs, creates a playful and snappy feel. Energy is directed straight out to the contact points, and we’re able to create an extremely precise torsional stiffness pattern. This adds up to insane pop for ollies, which you’ll boost higher than ever. X marks the spot.
- Premium Sandwich – This next level construction steps up the power and response of the standard sandwich manufacturing. Adding advanced materials like Carbon and Kevlar® gives the board more pop and improved shock absorption.
- N-5000 – The N-5000 is a universal base designed to absorb wax and retain it longer. Exceptionally durable, this base will take you anywhere.
- Absorbnid – This innovative top layer has been developed to absorb unwanted vibrations allowing for responsive and dynamic boards that still give you a smooth and comfortable ride.
- Matte Finish
- Translucent Color
- Varnish Pattern
- 2x4 - 5 Inserts – With 5 rows of inserts every 2 cm, this combination is the industry standard and works with all bindings on the market. The reference stance is the middle position.
Board Size Chart
|BOARD SIZE (CM)||149||152||152||156||159||156 W||159 W||162 W||165 W|
|TOTAL LENGTH (MM)||1490||1520||1520||1560||1590||1560||1590||1620||1650|
|NOSE LENGTH (MM)||300||300||300||300||300||300||300||300||300|
|CONTACT EDGE LENGTH (MM)||900||930||930||970||1000||970||1000||1030||1060|
|EFFECTIVE EDGE LENGTH (MM)||1140||1170||1170||1210||1240||1210||1240||1270||1300|
|TAIL LENGTH (MM)||290||290||290||290||290||290||290||290||290|
|SIDECUT RADIUS (M)||7||7.2||7.4||7.6||7.7||7.9||8||8||8.4|
|NOSE WIDTH (MM)||285||290||291||292||295||298||303||306||312|
|UNDERFOOT WIDTH : FRONT FOOT (MM)||253||257||261||263||265||269||272||275||279,5|
|WAIST WIDTH (MM)||244||248||252||254||255||260||263||266||270|
|UNDERFOOT WIDTH : REAR FOOT (MM)||254||258||262||264||266||270||273||276||280,5|
|TAIL WIDTH (MM)||285||290||291||292||295||298||303||306||312|
|SET BACK (MM)||-10||-10||-10||-10||-10||-10||-10||-10||-10|
|REFERENCE STANCE (MM)||510||520||520||550||560||550||560||560||580|
|MINIMUM - MAXIMUM STANCE (MM)||470 - 550||480 - 560||480 - 560||510 - 590||520 - 600||510 - 590||520 - 600||520 - 600||540 - 620|
|RECOMMENDED RIDER'S WEIGHT (KG.)||50-60||60-70||60-70||65-75||70-85||65-75||70-85||75-90||85+|
|RECOMMENDED RIDER'S WEIGHT (LBS.)||110-132||132-154||132-154||143-165||154-187||143-165||154-165||165-199||177+|
Need Expert Advice?
We know there are a lot of choices out there. If you need some guidance, let us know! Our experts have decades of experience and can help you narrow it down.Contact Us