2024 Rome Cleaver Snowboard Bindings
The hyper-reactive carbon filled powerhouse.
The Cleaver is a powerful carbon filled brute of a binding, designed for taking speed, sending it deep and lightning-fast edge-to-edge board control. Built on a burly FullWrap platform for maximum power transfer, a carbon composite highback and baseplate, the Cleaver is also fully loaded with an AuxTech® strap package. With next level adjustability and board feel thanks to PivotMount Max and DuraCush™ SubBase pads, the Cleaver is the go-to for Ståle Sandbech and any rider who wants high octane performance.
- Flex Rating – Stiff, for the biggest jumps and stomps
- Riding Style – 7-9/10(1=Playful,10=Precise)
- FullWrap – Rome's bombproof chassis; designed for durability, maximum power transfer, and stability at speeds.
- Adjustable Baseplate – Created to help fit a wider range of boot models and sizes.
- DuraCush™ Technology – An expanded thermoplastic polyurethane material, or E-TPU, used in SubBase pads and on footbeds to provide advanced chatter absorption. DuraCush™ is hyper-resistant to cold temperatures, whereas traditional materials often stiffen and negatively impact riding on the days when it matters most. No matter the temperature, DuraCush™ maintains its impact absorption properties for chatter-free riding, more efficient energy transfer and an overall smoother ride.
- Carbon Infused Baseplate – 70% Nylon / 30% Carbon
- Highback Canting – Built so that riders can adjust the angle of their highback to mirror the angle of their lower leg for increased connection and stability.
- Highback Rotation – Designed so riders can adjust their highbacks to mirror the angle of their heelside edge for maximum power transfer.
- Highback Materials – 70% Nylon / 30% Carbon
- Ultra Flex Pro Ankle Straps – New for this season, the UltraFlex Pro ankle straps are the next generation of the legendary AuxTech® strap family. Instead of the traditional closed edge on a strap, the UltraFlex Pro straps feature an open 3D auxetic edge. This means when the strap is tightened it has unprecedented ability to open and stretch, creating a more even distribution of pressure on the boot. To compliment that open edge, Rome overmolds the material to a Hytrel® spine, this creates a supportive backbone in the strap. This overmolding process creates a dynamically powerful strap that’s equal parts hyper-reactive and plush.
- ProGrip Toe Strap – Powered by AuxTech™, this innovative network of small hinges provides unmatched hold and locked-in grip.
- AuxTech – Geometric patterns that become thicker perpendicularly when stretched. Think of them as a network of tiny hinges that, when pressure is applied, actually expand and open. This creates a more direct connection to the boot.
- PivotMount Max – PivotMounts are small adjustable pieces that allow you to move the position of the ankle straps on your boots. The higher up the ankle strap sits, the more power and turn initiation. The lower the strap goes, the more surfy and tweakable your riding will be. PivotMount Max provides 8 different strap options per side for 64 total configurations.
- Bombproof Buckles – BombProof Buckles are a one-piece forged aluminum construction for better grip and durability. Built with wider stance teeth area for more engagement, this makes for easier ratcheting and increased protection from wear and tear to your ladder straps.
- Fast Entry – New for this season, Rome bindings feature FastEntry Technology for super quick and easy entry into the binding. The pre-curved ladder on the ankle and toe straps are designed to pop open and help keep the straps out of your way while getting your boot into the binding.
Need Expert Advice?
We know there are a lot of choices out there. If you need some guidance, let us know! Our experts have decades of experience and can help you narrow it down.Contact Us