2024 Nidecker Alpha Snowboard
Inspired by the efficient shapes found in nature, the Alpha sets a new standard in all-mountain fluency. Glide effortlessly through powder, slice clean lines down the trails or thread the needle on your favourite tree-run; it’s all about flow. A 3D spooned nose – based on the profiles of marine mammals – provides maximum float and easy turn initiation, while the subtle pinch at the rear of the sidecut mimics a bird of prey’s tail, helping it to sink in deep snow. Under the hood, the Alpha features a lively NDK core made from sustainable Swiss poplar, combined with carbon fibre layers for even more pop. Vibrations are kept to a minimum thanks to our Absorbnid™ topsheet. The Alpha’s smooth edge-to-edge transitions and versatile flex makes it the go-to deck for creative mountain surfers like Matieu Crepel.
- Surfy CamRock – Surfy CamRock delivers that special feeling of surfing on snow sought after by a new generation of freeriders. With a long rocker in the nose for optimal float and regular camber through the midsection and tail, it has all the reactivity you need to ride with lots of setback and a very short fish tail.
- Flex Rating – 7/10 (1=Soft,10=Stiff)
- NDK Swiss Core – NDK Swiss Core is the heart and soul that makes the new Instinct Series so special. Its name tells you all you need to know. This core is crafted in Switzerland with passion from sustainably harvested, light poplar wood.
- Exclusive Nidactive Sandwich – This next level construction steps up the power and response of Nidecker's standard sandwich manufacturing. Adding advanced materials like Carbon and Kevlar® gives the board more pop and improved shock absorption.
- Biax Plus – Biax Plus retains the properties of Nidecker's tried and tested 90° biaxial fiberglass weave with more glass to enhance power transfer. It's uncompromising in its response and energy return, and loved and coveted by riders searching for a good blend of stiff & damp wherever they rip.
- Pop Carbon – Strategic placement of carbon fiber from the tail to the rear inserts, and from the nose to the front inserts, resulting in a more reactive board, with increased pop and stiffness. It's vibration dampening qualities make it ideal for more aggressive riding in all conditions.
- N-7000 – Developed exclusively for Nidecker, the N-7000 is an extremely tough, sintered base with added carbon nanoparticles that provide exceptional glide.
- Absorbnid – This innovative top layer has been developed to absorb unwanted vibrations allowing for responsive and dynamic boards that still give you a smooth and comfortable ride.
- Matte Finish
- Evolution Nose - 3D curved tips give an incredible feeling of rolling from edge to edge. The most natural and smooth feeling you’ll ever experience on a snowboard
- Drop Out - The Drop Out is derived from a natural phenomena Nidecker observed on the tail of birds of prey to give them extra control. It does the same for you when up on edge, but also allows for extra agility and deep, tight turns.
- 2x4 - 6 Inserts – With 6 rows of inserts every 2 cm, this insert combination allows you to adjust your stance to the optimum position.
Board Size Chart
|BOARD SIZE (CM)||148||153||158||162W|
|TOTAL LENGTH (MM)||1480||1530||1580||1620|
|NOSE LENGTH (MM)||300||300||300||300|
|CONTACT EDGE LENGTH (MM)||950||990||1050||1090|
|EFFECTIVE EDGE LENGTH (MM)||990||1130||1190||1230|
|TAIL LENGTH (MM)||230||230||230||230|
|SIDECUT RADIUS (M)||7200||7400||7800||8000|
|NOSE WIDTH (MM)||285||290||300||312|
|UNDERFOOT WIDTH : FRONT FOOT (MM)||254||261||267||277|
|WAIST WIDTH (MM)||244||252||258||268|
|UNDERFOOT WIDTH : REAR FOOT (MM)||255||262||268||277|
|TAIL WIDTH (MM)||282||288||296||306|
|SET BACK (MM)||15||15||20||20|
|REFERENCE STANCE (MM)||520||530||540||540|
|MINIMUM - MAXIMUM STANCE (MM)||480 - 600||490 - 610||500 - 620||500 - 620|
|RECOMMENDED RIDER'S WEIGHT (KG.)||50-70||60-75||70-90||75+|
|RECOMMENDED RIDER'S WEIGHT (LBS.)||110-154||132-165||154-199||165+|
Need Expert Advice?
We know there are a lot of choices out there. If you need some guidance, let us know! Our experts have decades of experience and can help you narrow it down.Contact Us