2024 Nidecker Kita Snowboard Boots
The Kita sets a new standard for all-mountain snowboard boots. Inspired by the technical demands of polar and mountain expeditions, it’s crammed with features and delivers supremely reliable performance from first lift til’ last. Comfort is key to its design, starting with an asymmetrical shape that perfectly matches our bindings for a really natural connection to your board. Where possible, we’ve welded components to the upper rather than sewn them, giving it a unique seamless build that’s way more waterproof. We’ve also added a tough TPU shield around the front called ArmourTech, which will protect your toes while you’re billy-goating in the rocks.
The Dual BOA lacing system includes a specially-developed External Heel Lock – controlled via the tongue dial – to keep your foot firmly in place, while the lower part of the boot can be tightened using the side dial. There are two EVA components in the midsole for better dampening, and the B.F.T Vibram Approach outsole benefits from an Icetrek rubber compound for unreal grip. Our new Transition Zone tech seamlessly connects this sole to the Exo Spine, accelerating response and preventing damage to the back of the boot when entering or exiting the binding. With a top-of-the-line Gold Wrap Liner, comfort and support is guaranteed right out the box – and of course it’s fully heat moldable for a custom fit. Riders who want to shred the whole mountain without compromise will find everything they need in this rugged, high-performance boot.
- Flex Rating – 9/10 (1=Soft, 10=Stiff)
- Exo./ Spine – Exo-Spine Technology is an external backstay designed to be a reinforced link between the different parts of the boot and deliver an instantaneous transfer of force from heel to toe. It also offers extra stiffness for optimal support, as well as increased durability and resistance to shocks.
- 3D Molded Toe Box – These toebox designs eliminate extra layers and seams around the toe of the boot to create a durable and streamlined design with less bulk and a better FlowFit on your foot, and a better FlowFit in your bindings.
- 3D Molded Tongue – The asymmetrical tongue is 3D molded and curved towards the medial side, following the naturally raised ridgeline of your forefoot to alleviate pressure points and give a more balanced feel of comfort and support. An anatomically correct and asymmetrical tongue performs better than a standard straight one.
- External Heel Lock
- Gold-Level ASYM Thermo Heat Moldable Liner – This sleekly redesigned Gold-Level ASYM Thermo Heat Moldable liner who features a new asymmetrical wrap closure function this year, in addition to the Ripper-lacing closure harness, that give you the possibility to tighten the upper and lower parts separately, in one movement, even when your boot is closed up. The pinnacle of comfort and support, the Gold-Level ASYM Thermo Heat Moldable is even more fully customizable to the form of your foot with the wrap closure system. This liner features high-density thermo foam, an extra padded comfort-cuff and tongue, a neoprene custom flex-zone toebox, internal multi-layer latex J-bars and external J-bars plus, heel and tibia Eva reinforcement panels for optimal support and superior heel-hold.
- Inner Shell harness w/ Liner Velcro
- Asym 3F – Part of the ASYM3F Technology : FIT - FEEL - FLEX are combined in an asymmetric shape and closure system that delivers optimum support and flex. Lined up along the asymmetrical molded tongue, the Boa® Fit System lace guides are also asymmetrically positioned on the flatter areas of your forefoot for less point-loaded pressure and a more even closure, which increases medial arch support to reduce foot fatigue and cramping. This Nidecker innovation is codeveloped with and approved by Boa®.
- Dual Zone Boa® w/ External Heel-Lock
- H4 Coiler™ Technology
- 3D-Molded Triple-Density – An advanced anatomical shape in comfort EVA with high-density EVA supporting the deep heel cup and arch, and special high-rebound EVA cushioning the heel. A Silicone topprint adds traction to the fleecelined footbed.
- B.F.T. Vibram® Approach Outsole – 5-part B.F.T. Approach outsole utilizes special, high-traction Vibram® rubber for maximized grip and durability, a high-density EVA midsole with reinforced shank for superior support, and OC-KUSH cushioning in the heel and forefoot for maximum comfort.
- OC Kush – Shock-absorbing dynamic gel pads are inserted into the outsole around the heel and in the forefoot area. This special cushioning system allow to reduces fatigue and improves comfort.
- Space Blanket – Shock-absorbing dynamic gel pads are inserted into the outsole around the heel and in the forefoot area. This special cushioning system allow to reduces fatigue and improves comfort.
- Armor-Tech Waterproof Shell – Made with incredibly durable, high-tech materials, this construction combines a waterproof bladder with a reinforced skeleton and our Exo-Spine external backstay designed to be a re-enforced connection between the different parts of the boot, deliver an instantaneous transfer of force from heel to toe, and provide extra stiffness for optimal support as well as a reassuring feeling of security.
- 8° Forward Lean (1:1 Lasting)
Need Expert Advice?
We know there are a lot of choices out there. If you need some guidance, let us know! Our experts have decades of experience and can help you narrow it down.Contact Us