2024 Nidecker Megalight Snowboard
Born out of Nidecker's roots in the Swiss Alps, the Megalight is a featherweight freeride model capable of drawing fluid lines down the most technical of descents. Camber between the bindings, a mid-stiff flex and triax glassing deliver precise edge control and a ton of snap, while the extended rocker at the nose helps you drive hard out of those deep landings. The Megalight dampens vibrations at the tip and tail through a construction we call Freeflex 3.0, and features a 3DN core that shaves even more weight from targeted areas.It’s an agile samurai sword that’s supremely easy to handle through tight chutes, critical faces and legit drops. Size up for even more float.
- Freeride CamRock – Get a shape that gives you everything you need to handle big backcountry lines. A longer rocker in the nose, camber under the feet, and a reduced rocker in the tail makes for a maneuverable and confidence inspiring board with tons of float to really push the limits of freeriding.
- Flex Rating – 7/10 (1=Soft,10=Stiff)
- Round Pic Tip – This tip is made for freeride boards to give you that surfing feeling. Extended transitions from the contact points into the nose reduces the overall size of the board and gives extra float.
- Diamond Tail – This evolution of the all-round tail is compact with a longer transition for increased lift, allowing you to ride switch without compromising the board's responsiveness.
- Light Core – Nideckers' lightest core - featuring 3 different wood cores. The Light Core is a perfect combination of Paulownia for lightness, Poplar for pop and response and hardwood beech stringers along the edges to increase core durability, pop and protection from edge impacts.
- 3D N-Concept – 3D N-Concept takes snowboard construction to the next level. A unique core outline between the inserts allows the board to flex differently under each foot, delivering the ultimate feeling of control and a 3-dimensional riding experience you won't find anywhere else.
- Triax Plus – The result of extensive testing with Nidecker's riders and engineers, the Triax laminate is oriented at 35° to the board, and contains differentglass densities. This provides consistent torsional flex, better pop,and more reactivity on every turn.
- Freeflex 3.0 – In this exclusive technology developed by Nidecker, the nose and tail of the board are specially molded in a very thin composite material layered with a proprietary elastomeric covering. This cancels out vibrations and gives the board a unique, lightweight feel in transitions. Freeflex 3.0 has one of the lowest swing weights in the industry, meaning less chatter and more control.
- BCK - The ultimate combination to fit all of your needs. Basalt, Carbon and Kevlar(BCK). Placed in the tip and tail of the board to decrease weight and to increase pop torsional stiffness and reactivity.
- N-9000 Base – Produced with carbon nanoparticles, the N-9000 has a very dense molecular structure, which makes it Nidecker's fastest, most durable base material.
- Absorbnid – This innovative top layer has been developed to absorb unwanted vibrations allowing for responsive and dynamic boards that still give you a smooth and comfortable ride.
- Matte Finish
- 2x4 - 6+1 Inserts – With 6 rows of inserts every 2 cm, this insert combination allows you to adjust your stance to the optimum position. Nidecker also added an extra stance option for the deep pow days.
Board Size Chart
|BOARD SIZE (CM)||158||161|
|TOTAL LENGTH (MM)||1580||1610|
|NOSE LENGTH (MM)||275||275|
|CONTACT EDGE LENGTH (MM)||1090||1120|
|EFFECTIVE EDGE LENGTH (MM)||1190||1220|
|TAIL LENGTH (MM)||215||215|
|SIDECUT RADIUS (M)||7.7||7.8|
|NOSE WIDTH (MM)||303||305|
|UNDERFOOT WIDTH : FRONT FOOT (MM)||266||268|
|WAIST WIDTH (MM)||254||256|